Last modified: 25/02/2020
Thank you for reviewing these Contest Rules (the “Rules”). These Rules explain all aspects of the free-to-play and pay-to-play fantasy esports contests or tournaments (each a “Fantasy Esports Contest”) offered by picklebet (“Picklebet” “We” “Us” or “Our”) within its website, https://picklebet.com/ (the “Site”), its mobile application (“Picklebet Application”), and other services (collectively referred to herein as the “Services”). Picklebet makes available these Fantasy Esports Contests for your (“User” “You” “Your” or “Yourself”) participation subject to these Rules, and the Picklebet Terms and Conditions of Use (the “Terms”), which are an integral part of these Rules and are expressly incorporated by reference, (collectively, referred to as the “Rules”). Users can view the Picklebet Terms here. Please read these agreements carefully before entering into any Fantasy Esports Contests.
For the purpose of the Services, the following definitions apply:
- Account means a single account registered with Picklebet by a User.
- Administrative Fee means the portion of the Entry Fees collected by Picklebet, that exceed the Prize Pool of a Guaranteed or Standard Contest that goes Live.
- Applicable Contest Rules means the relevant rules and details according to which a Contest will be conducted including the Entry Fee, Prize Pool, Roster Limit, Time Left, Status, Scoring System, and any other relevant Attributes.
- Attributes means the characteristics of a Contest, including Administrative Fee, Contest Type, Entry Fee, Entrants, Rosters Submitted, Roster Limit, Prize Pool, Scoring System and Status.
- Completed means the Contest has been resulted by Picklebet, final Points have been allocated for each Roster, places for User’s Rosters have been finalized, and Payouts have been distributed to those Users that place.
- Confirming means the Contest is no longer Live and is awaiting resulting by Picklebet.
- Contest means a Fantasy Esports Contest, which Users can join, make Player Selections to build and submit a Roster(s), and score Points in accordance with these Rules, until the Contest is Completed and Payouts are distributed.
- Contest Type means the specific features which define the Contest type.
- CS:GO means Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- Dota2 means the free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game developed and published by Valve Corporation.
- Entrant means a User who has Joined a Contest.
- Entry Fee means the required payment to enter a single Roster into a Contest.
- Esport means professional competition held in relation to an esport, including, but not limited to the following sports; LoL, Dota2 and CS:GO.
- Event means an Esports tournament, conducted by a recognized League.
- Free Entry means Users are not required to pay an Entry Fee to Join a Contest.
- Free-to-Play Fantasy Esports Contest means any Fantasy Esports Contest wherein Users are not required to pay an Entry Fee to enter a single Roster into a Contest.
- Join a Contest means the payment of a required Entry Fee by a User and the submission of a single Roster into a Contest; with regard to Free-to-Play Contests, Join a Contest means the submission of a single Roster into a Contest.
- Leaderboard means a display of Rosters in a Contest, ranked from highest to lowest based on the respective total Points accrued by each single Roster, during a Live, Confirming or Completed Contest.
- League means an organization that governs and conducts Tournaments in relation to Esports.
- Lobby means the part of the Services which detail a list of all Pending and Live Contests.
- LoL means League of Legends.
- Live means a Contest in which the first Match has commenced and Users can no longer Join, or if You are a User participating in the Contest, You can no longer adjust Selections to Your submitted Roster. Matches occur in real time during this period.
- Guaranteed Prize Pool means a Contest with a guaranteed Payout to Entrants regardless of the number of Entrants and Entry Fees paid.
- Match means a competition within an Event in which two Teams and their corresponding Players, compete against each other over multiple Rounds.
- Payout means the amount a User can receive from placing in a resulted Contest, based on the Prize Pool Split.
- Pay-to-Play Fantasy Esports Contest means any Fantasy Esports Contest wherein Users are required to pay an Entry Fee to enter a single Roster into a Contest.
- Player means a professional player competing in a Team in an Event.
- Player Value means the purchase price allocated to a Player based upon their historical performance. The higher the performance level the higher the Player Value ascribed to a Player.
- Points means the points accumulated in relation to a User’s Roster, based on how each Player performs, according to the Scoring System. Points allocated to a Player contribute to a User’s cumulative Points score for their Roster over the course of the Contest.
- Prize Pool means the total value of the Payouts available to Users in a Contest.
- Prize Pool Split means the breakdown of the Prize Pool available to be won by each respective place in a Contest.
- Prize Pool Type means the specific Prize Pool type of Contest (Standard or Guaranteed).
- Roster means a collection of Players, from Teams in an Event, that a User picks as Selections.
- Roster Limit means the maximum number of Rosters that can be entered in a Contest.
- Rosters Submitted means the total number of Rosters Users have submitted in Joining a Contest.
- Round means an individual game Teams play against each other as a subset of a Match.
- Rules mean these Picklebet Contest Rules.
- Salary Cap means the total amount that a User can spend on Selections for a valid Roster.
- Scoring System means the Points allocated for specific actions successfully undertaken by Players in a Round, and can be found in the relation to each Contest within “Contest Info.”
- Selection means the Players, picked and submitted by a User to create a Roster.
- Status means the state of a Contest (i.e., Pending, Live, Confirming or Completed).
- Team means a collection of Players competing for a franchise, in an Event.
- Terms mean the Picklebet Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Third Party Data Providers mean third party providers who provide official statistics and results for each Event.
- Time Till Start means the time remaining before a Contest goes Live which is displayed in a countdown timer format.
- Pending means a Contest in existence, which has yet to go Live and which a User can Join, if they are not already an Entrant.
- User means the individual with a registered Picklebet Account.
- User Roster Limit means the maximum number of Rosters a User can enter into a Contest. The maximum is one (1) Roster for Free Entry Contests, unless otherwise stated, and the lesser of one hundred fifty (150) Rosters, or 3% of the Roster Limit, for a Pay-to-Play Contest.
2. Acceptance of Contest Rules
By participating in a Fantasy Esports Contest, Users:
(i) acknowledge that they have read and agree to be bound to and abide by these Rules;
(ii) accept and agree to all obligations, rules and scoring systems for each Fantasy Esports Contest in which they participate; and
(iii) represent and warrant that they are authorized and able to accept these Rules.
If a User does not wish to be bound by the Rules, the User must not enter into any Fantasy Esports Contest. By declining to accept these Rules, the User will be unable to participate in any Fantasy Esports Contests.
Picklebet reserves the right to change these Rules at any time without prior notice to You, and any amended Rules are effective upon posting in the Services. If We make what We determine to be material changes to these Rules, We will update the “Date Last Modified” and will notify You via email. Your participation in any future Fantasy Esports Contests following such material changes requires Your affirmative consent to the changes, which will require You to confirm within the Site or Picklebet Application that You have read and agree to the updated Rules. If You do not agree to the changes, Your sole remedy is to cease using the Services. It is Your responsibility to periodically check and review these Rules for changes.
3. Eligibility/Prohibited Jurisdictions
In order to participate in a Fantasy Esports Contest, Users must be eligible as set forth in the Eligibility/Prohibited Jurisdictions section of the Terms. Users can view the Picklebet Terms here.
4. Restrictions and Cancellations
Each Fantasy Esports Contest will operate in accordance with the Applicable Contest Rules, these Rules and the Fantasy Esports Contests section of the Terms. Users can view the Picklebet Terms here. Picklebet reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to place restrictions on the types or amount of Rosters a User may enter into Fantasy Esports Contests. Users may be excluded from Fantasy Esports Contests based on several factors, which includes without limitation, User experience levels.
In the event a scheduled start time of a Fantasy Esports Contest changes, Picklebet may adjust the Time Left until the Fantasy Esports Contest goes Live to reflect such change. Picklebet reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel a Match or Fantasy Esports Contest at any time. In the event one or more Matches in a Contest is cancelled, abandoned without an official result or postponed beyond the scheduled date, all Rosters Submitted will be void and all Entry Fees paid will be returned to the Users. No Entry Fees will be returned to Users with regard to Free-to-Play Fantasy Esports Contests.
5. Fantasy Esports Contest Types
Picklebet offers Fantasy Esports Contests which do not require any Entry Fees (“Free-to-Play Fantasy Esports Contests”) and Fantasy Esports Contests which do require that Entry Fees be paid for the opportunity to win a Payout of the Prize Pool (“Pay-to-Play Fantasy Esports Contests”).
Additionally, Picklebet offers different Prize Pool Types to Users as listed below:
A. Standard Contest
A Standard Contest has a set number of Rosters required in order for the Contest to go Live. In the event the minimum number of Rosters required is not reached, the Contest will be cancelled and the Entry Fees paid by each Entrant will be returned in accordance with these Rules and the Terms.
B. Guaranteed Contest
A Guaranteed Contest has a Guaranteed Prize Pool which means a Contest will go Live regardless of the number of Entrants entered into the Contest or the amount of Entry Fees paid for such Contest. Entrants will earn a Payout according to the Prize Pool Split subject to these Rules and the Terms.
Where a dispute exists regarding the outcome of a Fantasy Esports Contest, Picklebet’s decision is final and binding.
6. How to Join a Fantasy Esports Contest
A User must have a user account with Picklebet (“Account”) prior to entering into any Free-to-Play or Pay-to-Play Fantasy Esports Contest. Accounts must be created and maintained in accordance with the User Accounts section of the Terms. Users can view the Terms here. Once an Account is created, You can view and select Pending Contests from within the Lobby.
By selecting a Contest from within the Lobby, You will be redirected to the Contest page where You can view Contest Attributes, including, but not limited to, Rules specific to the Contest (“Applicable Contest Rules”), Status or Time Left, Entrants, Roster Limit, Entry Fee, Prize Pool, Prize Pool Type, and Prize Pool Split.
A Contest may be joined prior to the Contest going Live. To join a Pay-to-Play Fantasy Esports Contests, You must pay the applicable Entry Fee and submit a valid Roster. You cannot join a Contest if it has met its maximum Roster Limit. Your entry into a Contest is valid only when You receive a confirmation message from Picklebet stating that You have successfully entered into a Contest. Upon confirmation, You cannot cancel Your entry and any Entry Fees paid by You will not be refunded. Your entry into a Contest is subject to these Rules, and Your entry is made with Picklebet only. Picklebet accepts all liability for any Payout to an Entrant in accordance with the applicable Prize Pool Split, and subject to these Rules and the Terms.
7. Roster Selections
Depending on the Applicable Contest Rules, You may submit one or multiple Rosters when entering into a Contest. To create a valid Roster, Your Player Selections must be made in accordance with the Applicable Contest Rules, and the total Player Value of Your Roster cannot exceed the applicable Salary Cap.
To build a Roster, You can select and unselect Players on the Contest page. Invalid Rosters or Rosters that have not been submitted will be saved and accessible in draft mode, until You Join a Contest, or cleared once a Contest goes Live. Player Selections may be adjusted after You Join a Contest, however, Player Selections cannot be adjusted once the Contest goes Live.
In the event a Team substitutes a Player before a Contest goes Live, We will endeavor to notify You, however, it is Your sole responsibility to remove the Player from Your Roster and make a new Selection. We shall not be held liable for any User’s failure to remove a substituted Player from a Roster. In the event a Team substitutes a Player after a Contest goes Live, We will adjust Your Roster to replace Your Selected Player with the substituted Player.
Any inadvertently accepted Entry Fees and Rosters Submitted with regard to any Contests which have already gone Live will be deemed invalid and the Entry Fees shall be refunded to the User in accordance with these Rules and the Terms. Any inadvertently Rosters Submitted with regard to any Free-to-Play Contests which have already gone Live will be deemed invalid and such Users who have placed in a Contest will not be entitled to participate in the Payout.
Any and all questions, comments or complaints regarding Fantasy Esports Contests will be addressed in line with the Customer Query, Dispute & Compliant Policy. Users can view the Policy here.
8. Scoring and Live Statistics
In each Match that a Player participates in, Entrants will accumulate Points based on their Player’s performance, and in some instances, a Player’s Team performance, in accordance with the Contest’s Scoring System. The Contest Info section of the applicable Contest page will show the Scoring System. Each Entrant’s individual Roster(s) Submitted, will be ranked in descending order on a Leaderboard based on their cumulative Points total during a Live, Confirming or Completed Contest. The Leaderboard displays the Entrant and corresponding Rosters that place and are entitled to a Payout after the Completion of a Contest.
Final Points for each Roster will be determined, only when a Contest has been Completed, to ensure that the data provided is verified and accurate. Contests will be Completed within twenty-four (24) hours of the conclusion of the final Match in a Contest, except in circumstances of technical failure, Picklebet’s inability to verify Your compliance with these Rules or the Terms, or other reasons exist to prevent such timely Payout.
Picklebet utilizes third party providers to provide official statistics and results for each Event (“Third Party Data Providers”). Picklebet is not liable for any errors in results and statistics provided by Third Party Data Providers. Except in Picklebet’s sole discretion, the Completion of a Contest will not be modified regardless of any official statistics or scoring adjustments made by the Leagues or Third Party Data Providers at later times or dates as set forth in the Results and Winners section of the Terms. Live statistics provided through the Services are unofficial and the use of live statistics shall be in accordance with the Live Statistics section of the Terms. Users can view the Terms here.
9. Prizes, Prize Pool, Payouts, Prize Restrictions
The Entrants in each Fantasy Esports Contest who accumulate the most fantasy Points and comply with the eligibility requirements set forth in the Terms and Applicable Contest Rules will win prizes as set out in the Contest’s Prize Pool Split. The approximate retail value of each Payout(s), if any, is listed within the Contest Info section of the applicable Contest page. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted except at Our sole discretion. All prizes are awarded AS IS and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) by Us. Prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Rules and the Contest Prizes section of the Terms. Users can view the Terms here.
Except for Free-to-Play Fantasy Esports Contests, a User must pay the required Entry Fee to Join a Contest. The Prize Pool and Prize Pool Split, which displays the minimum number of eligible prize winners, can be viewed from within the Contest page. Entrants who place will be displayed on the Leaderboard in descending order of individual Rosters with the highest Point totals, at the Completion of a Contest.
In the event that two or more Entrants’ Rosters finish on the same Points total in a Completed Contest, the Payout for those places will be calculated by adding the Prize Pool Splits for those places together and dividing equally among those Entrants.
To further explain this process, two examples are provided below:
A. Example One:
If two Entrants in a Contest finish on equal Points in first place, the Prize Pool Splits for first and second will be combined and the total shared equally between those two Entrants. If there are Prize Pool Splits for three or more places, the next highest ranked Entrant, would receive the Payout for the third place Split.
B. Example Two:
If a Contest has a Prize Pool Split for the top two Entrants and three Entrants finish on equal Points in second place, the Prize Pool Split for second place would be shared equally between those three Entrants.
When a Contest is Resulted, Payouts will be deposited into an Entrant’s Account in accordance with the Prize Pool Split for the Contest, these Rules, and as set forth in the Terms. Users may be required to provide requested documents in accordance with the Affidavit of Eligibility section of the Terms to receive a Payout. The Payout to an Entrant who places in a Contest represents the payment for a successfully placed Roster. Payouts are non-transferrable and non-assignable.
Any Payout won by a minor, or by a User in breach of these Rules or the Terms, shall be forfeited. Users agree that winners shall be determined, adjustments may be made, and Payouts may be reversed or recovered as set forth in the Terms. Users can view the Terms here.
10. Disqualification, Errors and Cancellation
A User’s Entry into any Contest may be cancelled at any point in time for failure to comply with applicable Rules, or in Picklebet’s sole discretion. Picklebet reserves the right to cancel or modify the Rules of any Contest in its sole discretion. Where an error has occurred, Picklebet reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or void any Contests as set forth in the Terms. Picklebet reserves the right to retrospectively void or adjust the outcome of a Completed Contest due to error, fraud, or a significant change in results or statistics from Our Third Party Data Providers and may recover any affected Payouts as set forth in the Terms. Users can view the Terms here.
11. Odds of Being Selected as a Winner
Fantasy Esports Contests offered by Picklebet are designed as skill-based Contests. The odds of winning a Fantasy Esports Contest depends on Your ability to use Your skill and knowledge of relevant professional Esports information and fantasy Esports rules to accumulate the most fantasy Points and the skill and knowledge of other Entrants participating in the same Fantasy Esports Contest. Fantasy Points are accumulated through the aggregated performance of individual Esports Players across multiple Esports Events.
12. Winners List
After each Fantasy Esports Contest ends, the Contest state will adjust from Live to Confirming, with the tentative winners visible on the Contest Leaderboard in descending order from first through last. However, the Contest remains subject to final verification and the Contest state reverting to the Completed state (generally within 24 hours) before potential winners final Points, positions and Payouts are confirmed.
13. Warranty and Liability
Users expressly acknowledge and agree to the disclaimer of warranties and limitations of liability policy as set forth in the Limitations on Warranty and Liability section of the Terms. Users can view the Terms here.
14. Governing Law/Disputes
Users agree that disputes will be handled in accordance with the policy set forth in the Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver section of the Terms. Users can view the Terms here.
Fantasy Esports Contests offered through the Services are operated by Picklebet.